Australian company Cochlear launches special iPhone hearing implant with Apple
Nucleus 7, the first made for iPhone Cochlear implant launched by Apple with Australian company Cochlear will launch in Australia this week.
The implant can stream audio from a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch directly to a surgically embedded sound processor.
The implant will soon be available in other countries for customers who have profound hearing loss that can't be dealt with through traditional hearing aids and requires implant technology.
Apple's accessibility engineering team worked with Cochlear to create a new form of Bluetooth low-energy audio that allows the implant to connect to the iPhone without draining too much battery life. Through an iPhone connection, users can watch movies, listen to music, and make calls.
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with a wide range of Apple devices, including the iPhone 5 and later, all iPad Pro models, the iPad mini and later, and the fourth-generation iPad.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Accessibility November 12, 2018 I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News