Feeling Fireworks by Disney for Blind visitors
To make its firework entertainment enjoyable for blind people, Disney theme parks have introduced a new technology.
The Disney Research team has come up with a new method that allows blind visitors to experience the show via touch.
The technology uses multiple water jets that mimic the effects of fireworks. These can be felt by the blind visitors in the Disney parks.
The water jets spray the water on flexible screens and there are different nozzles for different firework effects.
The ‘Feeling Fireworks’ is an attempt to make the park more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News