Goa workshop helps blind learn the use of computers
Bengaluru-based organisation Enable India is helping visually impaired people learn the use of the computers.
It has started a 10-day workshop at Sanjay Centre for Special Education at Porvorim with the National Association of Blind, Goa.
The workshop is special and works well for the visually impaired participants to visualise how things like drop-down on a computer look because it is being taught by a blind trainer.
The workshop aims to help the blind understand their true abilities and become computer trainers for the blind in future.
The participants have also come from other states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News