Journey of struggles and success of Odisha visually impaired cricket team
Odisha visually impaired cricket team, winner of national tournament last year are East Zone champions for six years.
Since 2004, the team is under the guidance of coach Chandrasekhar Pattnaik.
Pattnaik believes that the team’s success is because of the hardwork of the players.
But the blind cricket team is yet to get basic facilities like proper ground and cricket equipment.
He hopes that the state government and the state cricket association give the players the needed support and recognition.
These visually impaired cricketers are now set to take part in the 40-over national championship which will be played in Mumbai from 30 October.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News