Journey of struggles and success of Odisha visually impaired cricket team
Odisha visually impaired cricket team, winner of national tournament last year are East Zone champions for six years.
Since 2004, the team is under the guidance of coach Chandrasekhar Pattnaik.
Pattnaik believes that the team’s success is because of the hardwork of the players.
But the blind cricket team is yet to get basic facilities like proper ground and cricket equipment.
He hopes that the state government and the state cricket association give the players the needed support and recognition.
These visually impaired cricketers are now set to take part in the 40-over national championship which will be played in Mumbai from 30 October.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News