State governments not serious for the betterment of disabled- Kamlesh Pandey
October 29, 2017
Chief commissioner of department of empowerment of persons with disabilities Kamlesh Kumar Pandey, said that the state governments are not serious on social and economic betterment of disabled people and still have lot of work to do.
Nearly 2,300 job posts for disabled people are still vacant in Madhya Pradesh. Out of total 3500 posts, the state government so far has only filled 1200 seats, said the chief commissioner.
But he also appreciated the MP government's special programmes for disabled people.
Pandey said that government is providing 6 % reservations even though the act had kept only 3%.
The MP government is also giving scholarship to the disabled from 6 to 18 years age group. But other governments are not running such programmes, said Pandey.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News