Disabled beauticians of an inclusive salon in Chennai inspire
Naturals Enable is a unique salon in Chennai run by men and women with different disabilities such as visually impaired, deaf, burn victim and physically disabled.
The inclusive salon is started by salon chain Naturals, in partnership with Youth4Jobs Foundation. The idea is to give training and job opportunities for all.
14 disabled persons have already specialised in services like manicure, pedicure and massage and have received positive feedback from their customers.
These disabled beauticians are an example of how crutches or hearing-aids cannot stop anyone from achieving what they want to do in life.
All it takes is to dream and have the courage to change the world.
Watch in Sign Language
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
- Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
November 17, 2018
- What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
November 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News