Disabled beauticians of an inclusive salon in Chennai inspire
November 2, 2017
Naturals Enable is a unique salon in Chennai run by men and women with different disabilities such as visually impaired, deaf, burn victim and physically disabled.
The inclusive salon is started by salon chain Naturals, in partnership with Youth4Jobs Foundation. The idea is to give training and job opportunities for all.
14 disabled persons have already specialised in services like manicure, pedicure and massage and have received positive feedback from their customers.
These disabled beauticians are an example of how crutches or hearing-aids cannot stop anyone from achieving what they want to do in life.
All it takes is to dream and have the courage to change the world.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News