Disabled beauticians of an inclusive salon in Chennai inspire
November 2, 2017
Naturals Enable is a unique salon in Chennai run by men and women with different disabilities such as visually impaired, deaf, burn victim and physically disabled.
The inclusive salon is started by salon chain Naturals, in partnership with Youth4Jobs Foundation. The idea is to give training and job opportunities for all.
14 disabled persons have already specialised in services like manicure, pedicure and massage and have received positive feedback from their customers.
These disabled beauticians are an example of how crutches or hearing-aids cannot stop anyone from achieving what they want to do in life.
All it takes is to dream and have the courage to change the world.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News