Disabled beauticians of an inclusive salon in Chennai inspire
November 2, 2017
Naturals Enable is a unique salon in Chennai run by men and women with different disabilities such as visually impaired, deaf, burn victim and physically disabled.
The inclusive salon is started by salon chain Naturals, in partnership with Youth4Jobs Foundation. The idea is to give training and job opportunities for all.
14 disabled persons have already specialised in services like manicure, pedicure and massage and have received positive feedback from their customers.
These disabled beauticians are an example of how crutches or hearing-aids cannot stop anyone from achieving what they want to do in life.
All it takes is to dream and have the courage to change the world.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Life is beautiful, never give up”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News