Meet Kerala amputee marathoner who does not let disability limit him
Sajesh MV, an amputee marathoner took part in a 10-km run in a charity event in Kerala recently.
Sajesh's left leg was cut off below the knee after an accident in 2005.
He was motivated to take part in marathons after getting to know about all-India group of amputees called Challenging Ones.
He is now set to receive a blade that will help him to run marathons faster without worrying about the damage to his artificial leg.
He hopes to make his debut as a blade runner in marathons in Goa or Mangaluru or the Spice Coast marathon in Kochi next month and at Indian Naval Academy, in December.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News