Meet Kerala amputee marathoner who does not let disability limit him
October 30, 2017
Sajesh MV, an amputee marathoner took part in a 10-km run in a charity event in Kerala recently.
Sajesh's left leg was cut off below the knee after an accident in 2005.
He was motivated to take part in marathons after getting to know about all-India group of amputees called Challenging Ones.
He is now set to receive a blade that will help him to run marathons faster without worrying about the damage to his artificial leg.
He hopes to make his debut as a blade runner in marathons in Goa or Mangaluru or the Spice Coast marathon in Kochi next month and at Indian Naval Academy, in December.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News