Disabled group of Uttarakhand unhappy with reservation in government jobs
Officials of Devbhoomi Badheer Association are not happy with the Uttarakhand government's decision to increase 1% reservation for the disabled people in government jobs.
The disabled people said they are upset with the addition of 14 new categories of disabled people in the existing seven categories.
Earlier, the reservation for disabled people in government jobs was 3% and it was for seven categories of naturally disabled such as deaf, blind and others.
But as now ill people such as people with cancer, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims have been added to the categories, the disabled group feel insulted.
They said the state government must increase the overall job reservation for 21 sub-categories of disabled people to 12% and not just 4%.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018