Disabled group of Uttarakhand unhappy with reservation in government jobs
Officials of Devbhoomi Badheer Association are not happy with the Uttarakhand government's decision to increase 1% reservation for the disabled people in government jobs.
The disabled people said they are upset with the addition of 14 new categories of disabled people in the existing seven categories.
Earlier, the reservation for disabled people in government jobs was 3% and it was for seven categories of naturally disabled such as deaf, blind and others.
But as now ill people such as people with cancer, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims have been added to the categories, the disabled group feel insulted.
They said the state government must increase the overall job reservation for 21 sub-categories of disabled people to 12% and not just 4%.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News