Disabled group of Uttarakhand unhappy with reservation in government jobs
November 3, 2017
Officials of Devbhoomi Badheer Association are not happy with the Uttarakhand government's decision to increase 1% reservation for the disabled people in government jobs.
The disabled people said they are upset with the addition of 14 new categories of disabled people in the existing seven categories.
Earlier, the reservation for disabled people in government jobs was 3% and it was for seven categories of naturally disabled such as deaf, blind and others.
But as now ill people such as people with cancer, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims have been added to the categories, the disabled group feel insulted.
They said the state government must increase the overall job reservation for 21 sub-categories of disabled people to 12% and not just 4%.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News