Disabled group of Uttarakhand unhappy with reservation in government jobs
November 3, 2017
Officials of Devbhoomi Badheer Association are not happy with the Uttarakhand government's decision to increase 1% reservation for the disabled people in government jobs.
The disabled people said they are upset with the addition of 14 new categories of disabled people in the existing seven categories.
Earlier, the reservation for disabled people in government jobs was 3% and it was for seven categories of naturally disabled such as deaf, blind and others.
But as now ill people such as people with cancer, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims have been added to the categories, the disabled group feel insulted.
They said the state government must increase the overall job reservation for 21 sub-categories of disabled people to 12% and not just 4%.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
April 22, 2019
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News