Meet TA Kiran who proves his ability in carnatic music despite disability
24 years old musician TA Kiran gave his first Carnatic music performance in Thrissur in Kerala recently.
The concert was special because Kiran is blind and has cerebral palsy.
Encouraged by his mother, Kiran graduated in music by writing exams with the help of scribes.
In carnatic music, one has to coordinate using the hand along with singing, which is quite difficult for those with cerebral palsy.
But Kiran did not give up. Since he was also blind, he learned by heart his song lessons, which helped him to improve his memory and ability to recreate.
Kiran is looking forward to get a Ph.D in music and a government job.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News