IITs to increase disability quota for BTech courses from next year
The Indian Institutes of Technology has decided to give admissions to more disabled students to their BTech courses from 2018.
In a positive move, the institutes will increase their disability sub-quota from 3% to 5% as per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016.
It means that 5% disability sub-quota will be included in each of the caste quotas such as Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes and General Category.
Next year, the number of BTech seats in the 23 IITs may increase to 11,200 from 11,000 this year.
If any seats under the disability quota remain empty, then non-disabled students from the same caste quota will be admitted against those seats.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018