Say, What? A Duet Between A Deaf Dancer & Hearing Dancer
Hey! We are coming to Delhi with Say, What? and will be performing at OddBird Theatre & Foundation! On November 4th and 5th at 8 PM.
Say, what? focusses on the interaction between two people who slide between using and abandoning codified language.
The unique dance is a duet between a deaf dancer & a hearing dancer.
As the audience encounters various conversations that are set up in space using sign language as a point of entry, the role of gesture is re-interpreted and de-mystified within the realm of communication.
By lending itself to abstract proportions, this piece opens up a world of meaning-making that is both embodied and visceral in nature.
Featuring Avantika Bahl and Vishal Sarvaiya. *For ages 14 and above only. Audience Members with hearing impairments are provided with a 50% Discount in pass price.
If you're free and in town, please come watch, we would absolutely love to see you there!Watch the trailer on https://vimeo.com/234654534
- Starts on: Saturday, 04 Nov 2017 at 08:00 PM
- Ends on: Sunday, 05 Nov 2017 at 10:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: Dhanmill Compund 100 feet Road
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: OddBird Theatre and Foundation
- Organizer Website: https://www.oddbird.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News