How to make flying easy for disabled travellers
October 30, 2017
Travelling is not easy for people with physical disabilities. We can make their journeys easier by considering some simple things on an airport.
Disabled fliers do not like when others stare at them and make them feel different. Staring is very impolite.
Travelers with disabilities do not need pity, they need compassion and awareness in people around them.
Airports can also be made more comfortable for them by making changes to existing rules and policies.
The airport staff should be trained to handle the travel requirements of people with disabilities.
Eating areas on the airport should be made accessible for disabled people.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News