Disabled student’s hostel now ready in Odisha University
The Rama Devi Women's University in Bhubaneswar , Odisha will open a 50-seated hostel for its physically disabled students.
The hostel is expected to become operational from 15 November.
Currently the disabled students of the University stay in the normal hostels with other students.
Due to the lack of accessibility features in the hostel, students with disabilities find it very difficult to live in.
The new hostel has been constructed with proper considerations about the requirements of disabled people.
It can accommodate 50 girls and has necessary facilities for physically disabled people such as ramps and disabled friendly toilets.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019