Disabled student’s hostel now ready in Odisha University
October 30, 2017
The Rama Devi Women's University in Bhubaneswar , Odisha will open a 50-seated hostel for its physically disabled students.
The hostel is expected to become operational from 15 November.
Currently the disabled students of the University stay in the normal hostels with other students.
Due to the lack of accessibility features in the hostel, students with disabilities find it very difficult to live in.
The new hostel has been constructed with proper considerations about the requirements of disabled people.
It can accommodate 50 girls and has necessary facilities for physically disabled people such as ramps and disabled friendly toilets.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 Early detection, diagnosis of paediatric cataracts vital to prevent vision loss
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News