Disabled student’s hostel now ready in Odisha University
The Rama Devi Women's University in Bhubaneswar , Odisha will open a 50-seated hostel for its physically disabled students.
The hostel is expected to become operational from 15 November.
Currently the disabled students of the University stay in the normal hostels with other students.
Due to the lack of accessibility features in the hostel, students with disabilities find it very difficult to live in.
The new hostel has been constructed with proper considerations about the requirements of disabled people.
It can accommodate 50 girls and has necessary facilities for physically disabled people such as ramps and disabled friendly toilets.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Education December 18, 2018 Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News