Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise Jharkhand couple
November 3, 2017
Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise a couple from Jharkhand who had claimed to be her long lost parents.
Vijay Ram and his wife Mala Devi had claimed that Geeta was their daughter and authorities had arranged a meeting last week.
They met at the Collector's office in Indore for about 45 minutes.
Geeta who came back from Pakistan in 2015 after living there for 13 years did not recoganise the older couple.
The authorities will be conducting a DNA test to ascertain the paternity of the couple.
DNA samples of Geeta and the couple will now be tested at a laboratory in Delhi and results are expected within a week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News