Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise Jharkhand couple
November 3, 2017
Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise a couple from Jharkhand who had claimed to be her long lost parents.
Vijay Ram and his wife Mala Devi had claimed that Geeta was their daughter and authorities had arranged a meeting last week.
They met at the Collector's office in Indore for about 45 minutes.
Geeta who came back from Pakistan in 2015 after living there for 13 years did not recoganise the older couple.
The authorities will be conducting a DNA test to ascertain the paternity of the couple.
DNA samples of Geeta and the couple will now be tested at a laboratory in Delhi and results are expected within a week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News