Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise Jharkhand couple
Deaf girl Geeta did not recognise a couple from Jharkhand who had claimed to be her long lost parents.
Vijay Ram and his wife Mala Devi had claimed that Geeta was their daughter and authorities had arranged a meeting last week.
They met at the Collector’s office in Indore for about 45 minutes.
Geeta who came back from Pakistan in 2015 after living there for 13 years did not recoganise the older couple.
The authorities will be conducting a DNA test to ascertain the paternity of the couple.
DNA samples of Geeta and the couple will now be tested at a laboratory in Delhi and results are expected within a week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019