Sarthak's fourth National Conference on Disability brings together experts from different groups
The annual National Conference on Disability jointly organised by Sarthak Educational Trust and National Abilympics Association of India in New Delhi is a rare occasion that brings together diverse groups from the field of disability across India. Newz Hook is proud to be a media partner of this event.
The fourth national conference, which will be held on 9 November at the All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi, promises to be an interesting and stimulating affair. The conference will see government bodies, corporate houses, doctors, academic experts, civil society groups, people with disabilities, as well as parents of disabled children under the same roof.
Sarthak Educational Trust, which is the main organiser, has been working in the field of early intervention, inclusive education, skill building, sustainable employment and advocacyof the disabled for decades now, while co-organizer National Abilympics Association of India has been holding National Abilympics and representing India at International Abilympics since 2001.
Ahead of the event, Newz Hook reporter Oshin Dhawan spoke to Dr Jitender Aggarwal, founder, Sarthak Educational Trust, about the expectations from the conference, as well as the significant developments in the field of disability over the last year.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018