Sarthak's fourth National Conference on Disability brings together experts from different groups
November 7, 2017
The annual National Conference on Disability jointly organised by Sarthak Educational Trust and National Abilympics Association of India in New Delhi is a rare occasion that brings together diverse groups from the field of disability across India. Newz Hook is proud to be a media partner of this event.
The fourth national conference, which will be held on 9 November at the All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi, promises to be an interesting and stimulating affair. The conference will see government bodies, corporate houses, doctors, academic experts, civil society groups, people with disabilities, as well as parents of disabled children under the same roof.
Sarthak Educational Trust, which is the main organiser, has been working in the field of early intervention, inclusive education, skill building, sustainable employment and advocacyof the disabled for decades now, while co-organizer National Abilympics Association of India has been holding National Abilympics and representing India at International Abilympics since 2001.
Ahead of the event, Newz Hook reporter Oshin Dhawan spoke to Dr Jitender Aggarwal, founder, Sarthak Educational Trust, about the expectations from the conference, as well as the significant developments in the field of disability over the last year.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Indian father pleads guilty in death of adoptive child with disability
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News