Julianne Moore learns sign language for film Wonderstruck
November 3, 2017
American actress Julianne Moore has said that she learned American Sign Language to prepare for her role as a deaf woman in new movie 'Wonderstruck'.
The movie will show the actress playing two parts, one as a silent movie star in 1927 and second as a deaf woman in 1977.
Moore spent two months learning American Sign Language and then got suggestions to improve her sign from deaf actress Millicent Simmonds.
'Wonderstruck' film tells the story of a young boy in the Midwest and about a young girl in New York from fifty years ago as they both find the same secret connection at the same time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News