Julianne Moore learns sign language for film Wonderstruck
November 3, 2017
American actress Julianne Moore has said that she learned American Sign Language to prepare for her role as a deaf woman in new movie 'Wonderstruck'.
The movie will show the actress playing two parts, one as a silent movie star in 1927 and second as a deaf woman in 1977.
Moore spent two months learning American Sign Language and then got suggestions to improve her sign from deaf actress Millicent Simmonds.
'Wonderstruck' film tells the story of a young boy in the Midwest and about a young girl in New York from fifty years ago as they both find the same secret connection at the same time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News