International researcher shares how deafness can be prevented in Indian children
Dr Dimity Dornan is a researcher from Australia with more than 35 years of experience. She is the founder of non-profit Hear and Say centre for the deaf children.
She has worked for over 10 years with many organisations that works for the deaf people in India.
Recently Hear and Say experts trained 60 professionals from India on ways to educate deaf children and their parents on modern hearing technology.
Dornan suggests hearing test to be done early for newborn kids. This must be followed by fitting of hearing device and cochlear implant to prevent deafness among the Indian children.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019