Manipur minister encourages deaf children to show their skills
November 3, 2017
Minister Nemcha Kipgen of Manipur has announced that she will solve the problem of lack of trained teachers in Government Deaf & Mute School, Takyel.
Nemcha encouraged the deaf kids to come forward and show their hidden talents and skills to all.
She gave the example of famous people like Helen Keller and Sudha Chandran who overcame disability to make their unique identity.
Nemcha said that work is going on to implement the various provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 in the state to ensure welfare of the disabled and inclusive development.
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Education July 9, 2019 Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Technology July 11, 2019 #TechThursdays - TouchVision SmartStand promises to be a game changer for visually impaired people
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News