Manipur minister encourages deaf children to show their skills
Minister Nemcha Kipgen of Manipur has announced that she will solve the problem of lack of trained teachers in Government Deaf & Mute School, Takyel.
Nemcha encouraged the deaf kids to come forward and show their hidden talents and skills to all.
She gave the example of famous people like Helen Keller and Sudha Chandran who overcame disability to make their unique identity.
Nemcha said that work is going on to implement the various provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 in the state to ensure welfare of the disabled and inclusive development.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Get-hooked December 3, 2018 Neeraj George’s 300-km ride is all about determination and courage
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News