Lack of career counsellor for disabled at welfare office in Chennai
The district disabled welfare office in Chennai lacks the post of a career counsellor since many years.
The career counsellor or vocational guidance officer (VGO) is important to provide training assistance, explain self-employment opportunities and give details about government employment exams.
Sadly, it is reported that other support staff like receptionist provides the career guidance to atleast 100 disabled people coming to the welfare office everyday.
Some of the work done by other staff are issuing ID cards, distributing free assistive devices, scholarships and monthly allowances.
However, activists say that important posts in district welfare offices must be filled to help the disabled receive proper information about jobs and career.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018