70 special needs students fasted to get government’s attention
November 3, 2017
Former Chief Minister of Kerala, Oommen Chandy sat on 12 hour fast with 70 special needs students, their parents and teachers on Tuesday.
The 12 hour fast was kept outside the Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram.
The reason behind the fast was a demand that 33 special schools should be included in the category of government-aided at the earliest. The schools have been making this demand for a long time.
The state government however stated that they had no clue about such a demand made.
The 70 students were from each of the five districts and marked the 70 years of independence of the country.
Oommen Chandy also supported the demand and sat with the special needs students for two hours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 "I choose to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t" - My Take by Rushabh Desai
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Events July 11, 2019 Gala Dance Party
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News