70 special needs students fasted to get government’s attention
Former Chief Minister of Kerala, Oommen Chandy sat on 12 hour fast with 70 special needs students, their parents and teachers on Tuesday.
The 12 hour fast was kept outside the Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram.
The reason behind the fast was a demand that 33 special schools should be included in the category of government-aided at the earliest. The schools have been making this demand for a long time.
The state government however stated that they had no clue about such a demand made.
The 70 students were from each of the five districts and marked the 70 years of independence of the country.
Oommen Chandy also supported the demand and sat with the special needs students for two hours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News