70 special needs students fasted to get government’s attention
Former Chief Minister of Kerala, Oommen Chandy sat on 12 hour fast with 70 special needs students, their parents and teachers on Tuesday.
The 12 hour fast was kept outside the Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram.
The reason behind the fast was a demand that 33 special schools should be included in the category of government-aided at the earliest. The schools have been making this demand for a long time.
The state government however stated that they had no clue about such a demand made.
The 70 students were from each of the five districts and marked the 70 years of independence of the country.
Oommen Chandy also supported the demand and sat with the special needs students for two hours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 19, 2018 Dilip Mani's tunes have the healing touch for children with disabilities.
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News