Spider silk can make hearing aids better
It has been discovered that fine fibers like spider silk can improve the quality of microphones in hearing aid.
A study in the USA has found that this could greatly improve the hearing quality of hearing aids used by hard of hearing people.
The microphones using the silk become more sensitive and can catch sound frequencies that are not felt by the normal hearing aids.
The same effect can also be produced by very fine fibers if used to make the microphones.
This would increase the sound range and help hear much better as compared to the currently used microphones.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News