Kerala CM met blind students from Vazhuthacaud
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan met the blind students of Government School for the Visually Challenged at Vazhuthacaud on Thursday.
He told the students that the state government may set up skill development centre for the disabled people of the region.
The blind students requested the CM for 20 laptops and also upgrade of the institution to a high school.
The CM also promised that the government will consider increasing the food allowance from ₹50 to ₹100.
30 blind students had visited the CM to discuss their demands in person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News