MY FM channel’s initiative is giving vision to blind
Radio channel MY FM started a unique campaign called ‘Ek Diya’ for the blind people during the festive season of Diwali.
The aim of the initiative was to bring back vision to the visually impaired people.
The campaign activity was done at all the stations of MY FM network in Maharashtra.
Staff memebers and RJs of the channel made diyas or lamp and also painted & decorated them.
These were then sold for charity by the channel. The money collected is now being used to treat some blind people and help them get their vision back.
Most of the contribution came from the listeners of the channel.
The doctors who are treating the blind people have also decided to waive off their fees for operations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News