MY FM channel’s initiative is giving vision to blind
November 4, 2017
Radio channel MY FM started a unique campaign called 'Ek Diya' for the blind people during the festive season of Diwali.
The aim of the initiative was to bring back vision to the visually impaired people.
The campaign activity was done at all the stations of MY FM network in Maharashtra.
Staff memebers and RJs of the channel made diyas or lamp and also painted & decorated them.
These were then sold for charity by the channel. The money collected is now being used to treat some blind people and help them get their vision back.
Most of the contribution came from the listeners of the channel.
The doctors who are treating the blind people have also decided to waive off their fees for operations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News