MY FM channel’s initiative is giving vision to blind
Radio channel MY FM started a unique campaign called ‘Ek Diya’ for the blind people during the festive season of Diwali.
The aim of the initiative was to bring back vision to the visually impaired people.
The campaign activity was done at all the stations of MY FM network in Maharashtra.
Staff memebers and RJs of the channel made diyas or lamp and also painted & decorated them.
These were then sold for charity by the channel. The money collected is now being used to treat some blind people and help them get their vision back.
Most of the contribution came from the listeners of the channel.
The doctors who are treating the blind people have also decided to waive off their fees for operations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News