MY FM channel’s initiative is giving vision to blind
Radio channel MY FM started a unique campaign called ‘Ek Diya’ for the blind people during the festive season of Diwali.
The aim of the initiative was to bring back vision to the visually impaired people.
The campaign activity was done at all the stations of MY FM network in Maharashtra.
Staff memebers and RJs of the channel made diyas or lamp and also painted & decorated them.
These were then sold for charity by the channel. The money collected is now being used to treat some blind people and help them get their vision back.
Most of the contribution came from the listeners of the channel.
The doctors who are treating the blind people have also decided to waive off their fees for operations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019