MY FM channel’s initiative is giving vision to blind
November 4, 2017
Radio channel MY FM started a unique campaign called 'Ek Diya' for the blind people during the festive season of Diwali.
The aim of the initiative was to bring back vision to the visually impaired people.
The campaign activity was done at all the stations of MY FM network in Maharashtra.
Staff memebers and RJs of the channel made diyas or lamp and also painted & decorated them.
These were then sold for charity by the channel. The money collected is now being used to treat some blind people and help them get their vision back.
Most of the contribution came from the listeners of the channel.
The doctors who are treating the blind people have also decided to waive off their fees for operations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News