Andhra Pradesh is National Blind Cricket champion!
November 5, 2017
T Krishna was the star player for Andhra Pradesh as it cruised to a victory over Gujarat, retaining its title as national blind cricket champions for 2017.
Krishna scored 103 off 97 balls and was still at the crease when the match ended. The prize winning function was held in the presence of former cricketers Ajit Wadekar and Umesh Kulkarni.
Andhra Pradesh won a cash award of Rs 50,000 while runner up Gujarat took a cash award of Rs 30,000. A special memento was also given to the Man of the Match T Krishna. The Man of the Series was Naresh Tumda from Gujarat, Ajay Reddy from Andhra Pradesh, and Ganesh Gavit, Gujarat.
This tournament will play a key role in deciding who will play for India in the forthcoming fifth one day international at Dubai, which is from 7 to 21 January, 2018.
The best players from this tournament will gather in Pune from 13 to 15 November for the training and selection process.
The tournament was supported by Sony Pictures Networks, IndusInd Bank Limited and Allergan.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News