Andhra Pradesh is National Blind Cricket champion!
T Krishna was the star player for Andhra Pradesh as it cruised to a victory over Gujarat, retaining its title as national blind cricket champions for 2017.
Krishna scored 103 off 97 balls and was still at the crease when the match ended. The prize winning function was held in the presence of former cricketers Ajit Wadekar and Umesh Kulkarni.
Andhra Pradesh won a cash award of Rs 50,000 while runner up Gujarat took a cash award of Rs 30,000. A special memento was also given to the Man of the Match T Krishna. The Man of the Series was Naresh Tumda from Gujarat, Ajay Reddy from Andhra Pradesh, and Ganesh Gavit, Gujarat.
This tournament will play a key role in deciding who will play for India in the forthcoming fifth one day international at Dubai, which is from 7 to 21 January, 2018.
The best players from this tournament will gather in Pune from 13 to 15 November for the training and selection process.
The tournament was supported by Sony Pictures Networks, IndusInd Bank Limited and Allergan.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019