Andhra Pradesh is National Blind Cricket champion!
November 5, 2017
T Krishna was the star player for Andhra Pradesh as it cruised to a victory over Gujarat, retaining its title as national blind cricket champions for 2017.
Krishna scored 103 off 97 balls and was still at the crease when the match ended. The prize winning function was held in the presence of former cricketers Ajit Wadekar and Umesh Kulkarni.
Andhra Pradesh won a cash award of Rs 50,000 while runner up Gujarat took a cash award of Rs 30,000. A special memento was also given to the Man of the Match T Krishna. The Man of the Series was Naresh Tumda from Gujarat, Ajay Reddy from Andhra Pradesh, and Ganesh Gavit, Gujarat.
This tournament will play a key role in deciding who will play for India in the forthcoming fifth one day international at Dubai, which is from 7 to 21 January, 2018.
The best players from this tournament will gather in Pune from 13 to 15 November for the training and selection process.
The tournament was supported by Sony Pictures Networks, IndusInd Bank Limited and Allergan.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News