VVPAT machines to help blind voters in Gujarat
Blind people in Gujarat are excited to take part in the election process in the state, thanks to Braille ballot papers.
However, trust is a major issue as blind people still need is a hand to take them to the booth to caste their vote.
So, the election commission has decided to make it compulsory to use the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) from this year.
VVPAT is a method of providing feedback within some seconds to voters using a ballot-less voting system.
So far, many visually-impaired people across the state go to the polling booths with their family members or friends to make sure they have voted for the right person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018