VVPAT machines to help blind voters in Gujarat
November 4, 2017
Blind people in Gujarat are excited to take part in the election process in the state, thanks to Braille ballot papers.
However, trust is a major issue as blind people still need is a hand to take them to the booth to caste their vote.
So, the election commission has decided to make it compulsory to use the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) from this year.
VVPAT is a method of providing feedback within some seconds to voters using a ballot-less voting system.
So far, many visually-impaired people across the state go to the polling booths with their family members or friends to make sure they have voted for the right person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News