VVPAT machines to help blind voters in Gujarat
Blind people in Gujarat are excited to take part in the election process in the state, thanks to Braille ballot papers.
However, trust is a major issue as blind people still need is a hand to take them to the booth to caste their vote.
So, the election commission has decided to make it compulsory to use the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) from this year.
VVPAT is a method of providing feedback within some seconds to voters using a ballot-less voting system.
So far, many visually-impaired people across the state go to the polling booths with their family members or friends to make sure they have voted for the right person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News