VVPAT machines to help blind voters in Gujarat
November 4, 2017
Blind people in Gujarat are excited to take part in the election process in the state, thanks to Braille ballot papers.
However, trust is a major issue as blind people still need is a hand to take them to the booth to caste their vote.
So, the election commission has decided to make it compulsory to use the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) from this year.
VVPAT is a method of providing feedback within some seconds to voters using a ballot-less voting system.
So far, many visually-impaired people across the state go to the polling booths with their family members or friends to make sure they have voted for the right person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News