VVPAT machines to help blind voters in Gujarat
November 4, 2017
Blind people in Gujarat are excited to take part in the election process in the state, thanks to Braille ballot papers.
However, trust is a major issue as blind people still need is a hand to take them to the booth to caste their vote.
So, the election commission has decided to make it compulsory to use the Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) from this year.
VVPAT is a method of providing feedback within some seconds to voters using a ballot-less voting system.
So far, many visually-impaired people across the state go to the polling booths with their family members or friends to make sure they have voted for the right person.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News