Deaf movie review of Thor: Ragnarok
A hearing perspective:
Thor: Ragnarok is an American superhero film and is the sequel to 2011's Thor and 2013's Thor: The Dark World.
The film is based on the fictional character Thor Odinson appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
It is directed by Taika Waititi and produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
The movie features Chris Hemsworth (as Thor), Cate Blanchett (as Hela), Tom Hiddleston (as Loki), Mark Ruffalo (as Bruce Banner / Hulk) in main roles.
The film opens with Surtur revealing Thor that Asgard will soon be destroyed once he unites his crown with the eternal fame.
Thor defeats Surtur and returns to Asgard to find his adopted brother Loki. Thor and Loki go to meet their father Odin on Earth.
Odin explains that he has less time and after his death, his firstborn daughter and goddess of death Hela will come back to destroy Asgard.
Hela appears and in a series of events, she reaches Asgard while Thor and Loki reach a garbage planet Sakaar.
The way Thor convinces his old friend Hulk and bounty hunter named Scrapper 142 to escape from Sakaar and save Asgard from Hela forms the main part of the story.
Thor: Ragnarok is a perfect mixture of a good story with brilliant visual effects and justified screenplay time of every character.
The film is a recommended watch for its interesting balance between comedy and action & thrill scenes.
I'm going with 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News