4 parks in Delhi to get equipment so disabled kids can play
November 7, 2017
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation plans to make parks in its area inclusive so disabled kids can play.
It plans to set up customised playground equipment in its parks for the disabled. Two customised swings will be set up in each of the four parks under its area.
A merry-go-round and a seesaw, with belts to lock the wheelchairs safely, will be installed at four parks in Sadiq Nagar, Green Park, Madhav Park and Dwarka.
In the past, efforts have been made to beautify community parks and develop kids' corners but children with special needs were not considered. In August, some residents approached the area Councillor and demanded play equipment for the disabled.
The project will be first of its kind in which swings, seesaws and merry-go-rounds will be installed. The initial designs have been finalised and the project will be implemented in the next three months. The inputs of disabled kids will be taken for better implementation.
Disability rights activists have welcomed the move. They say the initiative will open the mind of people and increase acceptance.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News