4 parks in Delhi to get equipment so disabled kids can play
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation plans to make parks in its area inclusive so disabled kids can play.
It plans to set up customised playground equipment in its parks for the disabled. Two customised swings will be set up in each of the four parks under its area.
A merry-go-round and a seesaw, with belts to lock the wheelchairs safely, will be installed at four parks in Sadiq Nagar, Green Park, Madhav Park and Dwarka.
In the past, efforts have been made to beautify community parks and develop kids’ corners but children with special needs were not considered. In August, some residents approached the area Councillor and demanded play equipment for the disabled.
The project will be first of its kind in which swings, seesaws and merry-go-rounds will be installed. The initial designs have been finalised and the project will be implemented in the next three months. The inputs of disabled kids will be taken for better implementation.
Disability rights activists have welcomed the move. They say the initiative will open the mind of people and increase acceptance.
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines November 20, 2018 More than 70 protestors arrested for causing violence in Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018