4 parks in Delhi to get equipment so disabled kids can play
November 7, 2017
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation plans to make parks in its area inclusive so disabled kids can play.
It plans to set up customised playground equipment in its parks for the disabled. Two customised swings will be set up in each of the four parks under its area.
A merry-go-round and a seesaw, with belts to lock the wheelchairs safely, will be installed at four parks in Sadiq Nagar, Green Park, Madhav Park and Dwarka.
In the past, efforts have been made to beautify community parks and develop kids' corners but children with special needs were not considered. In August, some residents approached the area Councillor and demanded play equipment for the disabled.
The project will be first of its kind in which swings, seesaws and merry-go-rounds will be installed. The initial designs have been finalised and the project will be implemented in the next three months. The inputs of disabled kids will be taken for better implementation.
Disability rights activists have welcomed the move. They say the initiative will open the mind of people and increase acceptance.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News