This blogger's beauty tips in sign language are a hit!
November 7, 2017
Beauty blogger Catherine Martinez's Instagram page is a class act. Not only does she look great and give great beauty tips, she communicates them in American Sign Language!
Be it reviews of beauty products, checking out new shades of lipsticks, or lessons on skin care, Catherine, who recently finished her graduation, uses ASL and captions so her videos can reach a larger number of people. After all, everyone wants to look good, don't they?
While studying communicative sciences and disorders in college, Catherine realised how little access the deaf have to information in the beauty space. Through her tutorials, she also wants to make people aware of the importance of accessible communication.
She said she fell in love with sign language and realised that the deaf were interested in the beauty industry. But they did not feel like they could fit in.
Catherine uses her ASL videos to learn more signs as well as raise awareness about including deaf culture in the beauty world. She even translates product recommendations into Spanish for followers and family in Venezuela.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News