Deaf cricketer from Jalandhar is a dreamer and achiever
November 16, 2017
28 years old Abhimanyu Mehta from Jalandhar proves that disability cannot stop anyone from doing what they want in life.
Abhimanya was born deaf and is a son of a single mother. Although he works in a private university, he is a cricket star.
He got selected for the Deaf Cricket Asia Cup last year and was part of the Indian cricket team that won the Asia Cup.
Abhimanyu and the cricket team were honoured by former President Pranab Mukherjee, making it the best moment of his life.
He also likes to do shopping and loves gadgets and bhangra.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News