Special treks for disabled people across Maharashtra
November 8, 2017
A special trek trip is being organised for people with disabilities in Maharashtra.
The aim of the trip is to help disabled people experience the culture and heritage of Maharashtra.
The trek is being managed by Shivaji Gade from the Prahar Jan Shakti Party.
He has been organizing such trips for quite some time now and takes disabled people to historic forts across the state.
So far more than 300 disabled people have taken part in such trips and 28 forts across Maharashtra have been covered since 2001.
Maharashtra is the land of forts with more than 400 forts.
The trek will take place on 11 and 12 November at Dategarh, Sundargarh fort in Patan taluka of Satara.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News