Special treks for disabled people across Maharashtra
November 8, 2017
A special trek trip is being organised for people with disabilities in Maharashtra.
The aim of the trip is to help disabled people experience the culture and heritage of Maharashtra.
The trek is being managed by Shivaji Gade from the Prahar Jan Shakti Party.
He has been organizing such trips for quite some time now and takes disabled people to historic forts across the state.
So far more than 300 disabled people have taken part in such trips and 28 forts across Maharashtra have been covered since 2001.
Maharashtra is the land of forts with more than 400 forts.
The trek will take place on 11 and 12 November at Dategarh, Sundargarh fort in Patan taluka of Satara.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News