Special treks for disabled people across Maharashtra
November 8, 2017
A special trek trip is being organised for people with disabilities in Maharashtra.
The aim of the trip is to help disabled people experience the culture and heritage of Maharashtra.
The trek is being managed by Shivaji Gade from the Prahar Jan Shakti Party.
He has been organizing such trips for quite some time now and takes disabled people to historic forts across the state.
So far more than 300 disabled people have taken part in such trips and 28 forts across Maharashtra have been covered since 2001.
Maharashtra is the land of forts with more than 400 forts.
The trek will take place on 11 and 12 November at Dategarh, Sundargarh fort in Patan taluka of Satara.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News