New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi train gets disabled-friendly features
The New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express has got new facilities such as smooth WiFi access, entertainment options, clean toilets and laundry.
The train runs between New Delhi and Uttarakhand's Kathgodam and covers a distance of 283 kms.
Other interesting features are retro-reflective tape for the passage and Braille signages in all coaches of the train.
The changes are part of 'Operation Swarn' under which 30 trains will be improved. An amount of Rs 50 lakh has been given to each train.
The idea is to improve travellers' experience and make the trains disabled-friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018