New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi train gets disabled-friendly features
November 8, 2017
The New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express has got new facilities such as smooth WiFi access, entertainment options, clean toilets and laundry.
The train runs between New Delhi and Uttarakhand's Kathgodam and covers a distance of 283 kms.
Other interesting features are retro-reflective tape for the passage and Braille signages in all coaches of the train.
The changes are part of 'Operation Swarn' under which 30 trains will be improved. An amount of Rs 50 lakh has been given to each train.
The idea is to improve travellers' experience and make the trains disabled-friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News