New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi train gets disabled-friendly features
November 8, 2017
The New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express has got new facilities such as smooth WiFi access, entertainment options, clean toilets and laundry.
The train runs between New Delhi and Uttarakhand's Kathgodam and covers a distance of 283 kms.
Other interesting features are retro-reflective tape for the passage and Braille signages in all coaches of the train.
The changes are part of 'Operation Swarn' under which 30 trains will be improved. An amount of Rs 50 lakh has been given to each train.
The idea is to improve travellers' experience and make the trains disabled-friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News