New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi train gets disabled-friendly features
The New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express has got new facilities such as smooth WiFi access, entertainment options, clean toilets and laundry.
The train runs between New Delhi and Uttarakhand's Kathgodam and covers a distance of 283 kms.
Other interesting features are retro-reflective tape for the passage and Braille signages in all coaches of the train.
The changes are part of 'Operation Swarn' under which 30 trains will be improved. An amount of Rs 50 lakh has been given to each train.
The idea is to improve travellers' experience and make the trains disabled-friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News