Sarthak's fourth National Conference on Disability to focus on ways to empower the disabled
Engage. Envision. Empower. These are the main points of focus at the fourth National Conference on Disability organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust that will take place today in New Delhi.
In the context of many significant developments of late in the field of disability, there is much expected from this annual event, which brings together policymakers, government departments, leading corporates, medical experts, scholars, civil society groups, people with disabilities, and parents of the disabled.
Ranging from Early Intervention, Inclusive Education, Skill Building, Sustainable Employment and Advocacy, Sarthak Educational Trust has played a critical and crucial role in empowering people with disabilities across India.
The co-organiser of this conference is the National Abilympics Association of India, which has been holding National Abilympics and representing India at International Abilympics. Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of Sarthak in this event.
Ahead of the conference, which will be held at the AICTE Auditorium 1, Nelson Mandela Marg in New Delhi, Newz Hook reporter Oshin Dhawan spoke to Sonu Bhola, who is a Training and Administrative Officer with Sarthak Foundation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News