Sarthak's fourth National Conference on Disability to focus on ways to empower the disabled
Engage. Envision. Empower. These are the main points of focus at the fourth National Conference on Disability organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust that will take place today in New Delhi.
In the context of many significant developments of late in the field of disability, there is much expected from this annual event, which brings together policymakers, government departments, leading corporates, medical experts, scholars, civil society groups, people with disabilities, and parents of the disabled.
Ranging from Early Intervention, Inclusive Education, Skill Building, Sustainable Employment and Advocacy, Sarthak Educational Trust has played a critical and crucial role in empowering people with disabilities across India.
The co-organiser of this conference is the National Abilympics Association of India, which has been holding National Abilympics and representing India at International Abilympics. Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of Sarthak in this event.
Ahead of the conference, which will be held at the AICTE Auditorium 1, Nelson Mandela Marg in New Delhi, Newz Hook reporter Oshin Dhawan spoke to Sonu Bhola, who is a Training and Administrative Officer with Sarthak Foundation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News