More than 1,800 blind voters to take part in Himachal Pradesh elections
November 9, 2017
Around 1,844 visually impaired people will vote in the upcoming Himachal Pradesh assembly elections.
Out of 50 lakh voters in the state, Mandi has the highest number that is 671 visually impaired registered voters.
Kangra district has 82 visually impaired registered voters, Hamirpur 85, Shimla 60, Kullu 319, Una 51, Bilaspur 187, Chamba 62, Solan 183, Sirmour 37, Kinnaur district 86, Lahaul and Spiti district 21 voters.
The Election Commission has launched Braille signage features on electronic voting machines or EVMs and Braille ballot paper sheets have been given to all presiding officers to allow the blind people to register their votes without any problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News