More than 1,800 blind voters to take part in Himachal Pradesh elections
Around 1,844 visually impaired people will vote in the upcoming Himachal Pradesh assembly elections.
Out of 50 lakh voters in the state, Mandi has the highest number that is 671 visually impaired registered voters.
Kangra district has 82 visually impaired registered voters, Hamirpur 85, Shimla 60, Kullu 319, Una 51, Bilaspur 187, Chamba 62, Solan 183, Sirmour 37, Kinnaur district 86, Lahaul and Spiti district 21 voters.
The Election Commission has launched Braille signage features on electronic voting machines or EVMs and Braille ballot paper sheets have been given to all presiding officers to allow the blind people to register their votes without any problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019