More than 1,800 blind voters to take part in Himachal Pradesh elections
Around 1,844 visually impaired people will vote in the upcoming Himachal Pradesh assembly elections.
Out of 50 lakh voters in the state, Mandi has the highest number that is 671 visually impaired registered voters.
Kangra district has 82 visually impaired registered voters, Hamirpur 85, Shimla 60, Kullu 319, Una 51, Bilaspur 187, Chamba 62, Solan 183, Sirmour 37, Kinnaur district 86, Lahaul and Spiti district 21 voters.
The Election Commission has launched Braille signage features on electronic voting machines or EVMs and Braille ballot paper sheets have been given to all presiding officers to allow the blind people to register their votes without any problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Get-hooked December 3, 2018 Neeraj George’s 300-km ride is all about determination and courage
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Australian fans criticize local media for insulting Indian cricketers
- Parasports December 3, 2018 Disability Heroes - Why Javed Choudhari refuses to be defined by his disability
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News