270 disabled people get jobs in job fair held by Delhi government
November 15, 2017
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal organised a two-day mega job fair in the Capital recently.
The idea was to provide job opportunities for the young and qualified people.
As per reports, about 74 companies had attended the job fair and 11,500 jobs were created.
More than 270 disabled youngsters were given jobs by over 20 companies.
Kejriwal said that his government has developed one world-class skill centre at Vivek Vihar for training and employment of youth.
It plans to open 25 such skill centres by August next year so that more young people get jobs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News