270 disabled people get jobs in job fair held by Delhi government
November 15, 2017
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal organised a two-day mega job fair in the Capital recently.
The idea was to provide job opportunities for the young and qualified people.
As per reports, about 74 companies had attended the job fair and 11,500 jobs were created.
More than 270 disabled youngsters were given jobs by over 20 companies.
Kejriwal said that his government has developed one world-class skill centre at Vivek Vihar for training and employment of youth.
It plans to open 25 such skill centres by August next year so that more young people get jobs.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News