270 disabled people get jobs in job fair held by Delhi government
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal organised a two-day mega job fair in the Capital recently.
The idea was to provide job opportunities for the young and qualified people.
As per reports, about 74 companies had attended the job fair and 11,500 jobs were created.
More than 270 disabled youngsters were given jobs by over 20 companies.
Kejriwal said that his government has developed one world-class skill centre at Vivek Vihar for training and employment of youth.
It plans to open 25 such skill centres by August next year so that more young people get jobs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News