270 disabled people get jobs in job fair held by Delhi government
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal organised a two-day mega job fair in the Capital recently.
The idea was to provide job opportunities for the young and qualified people.
As per reports, about 74 companies had attended the job fair and 11,500 jobs were created.
More than 270 disabled youngsters were given jobs by over 20 companies.
Kejriwal said that his government has developed one world-class skill centre at Vivek Vihar for training and employment of youth.
It plans to open 25 such skill centres by August next year so that more young people get jobs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News