Sarthak Educational Trust's National Conference on Disability focuses on workplace inclusion
November 10, 2017
From policymakers, NGOs, corporates to government bodies, key stakeholders in the field of disability and inclusion in Delhi to discuss ways and means to empower India's disabled community.
The conference, which was organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust, is a rare opportunity for the people working in the field of disability to get together under one roof to strategise for the future, as well as celebrate successes and achievements in this space.
The theme of the conference this year was Engage. Envision. Empower. The event was attended by Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment. Among the key issues that came up for discussion was ways in which companies can enable people with disabilities to be part of the workplace in an efficient, productive manner.
Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of this event and our reporter Oshin Dhawan caught up with Tarun Bansal, Advocacy and HR Head, Sarthak Educational Trust, on the sidelines of the event to discuss key takeaways.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News