Sarthak Educational Trust's National Conference on Disability focuses on workplace inclusion
November 10, 2017
From policymakers, NGOs, corporates to government bodies, key stakeholders in the field of disability and inclusion in Delhi to discuss ways and means to empower India's disabled community.
The conference, which was organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust, is a rare opportunity for the people working in the field of disability to get together under one roof to strategise for the future, as well as celebrate successes and achievements in this space.
The theme of the conference this year was Engage. Envision. Empower. The event was attended by Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment. Among the key issues that came up for discussion was ways in which companies can enable people with disabilities to be part of the workplace in an efficient, productive manner.
Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of this event and our reporter Oshin Dhawan caught up with Tarun Bansal, Advocacy and HR Head, Sarthak Educational Trust, on the sidelines of the event to discuss key takeaways.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News