Sarthak Educational Trust's National Conference on Disability focuses on workplace inclusion
From policymakers, NGOs, corporates to government bodies, key stakeholders in the field of disability and inclusion in Delhi to discuss ways and means to empower India's disabled community.
The conference, which was organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust, is a rare opportunity for the people working in the field of disability to get together under one roof to strategise for the future, as well as celebrate successes and achievements in this space.
The theme of the conference this year was Engage. Envision. Empower. The event was attended by Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment. Among the key issues that came up for discussion was ways in which companies can enable people with disabilities to be part of the workplace in an efficient, productive manner.
Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of this event and our reporter Oshin Dhawan caught up with Tarun Bansal, Advocacy and HR Head, Sarthak Educational Trust, on the sidelines of the event to discuss key takeaways.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News