Sarthak Educational Trust's National Conference on Disability focuses on workplace inclusion
November 10, 2017
From policymakers, NGOs, corporates to government bodies, key stakeholders in the field of disability and inclusion in Delhi to discuss ways and means to empower India's disabled community.
The conference, which was organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust, is a rare opportunity for the people working in the field of disability to get together under one roof to strategise for the future, as well as celebrate successes and achievements in this space.
The theme of the conference this year was Engage. Envision. Empower. The event was attended by Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment. Among the key issues that came up for discussion was ways in which companies can enable people with disabilities to be part of the workplace in an efficient, productive manner.
Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of this event and our reporter Oshin Dhawan caught up with Tarun Bansal, Advocacy and HR Head, Sarthak Educational Trust, on the sidelines of the event to discuss key takeaways.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News