Sarthak Educational Trust's National Conference on Disability focuses on workplace inclusion
From policymakers, NGOs, corporates to government bodies, key stakeholders in the field of disability and inclusion in Delhi to discuss ways and means to empower India's disabled community.
The conference, which was organised by the Sarthak Educational Trust, is a rare opportunity for the people working in the field of disability to get together under one roof to strategise for the future, as well as celebrate successes and achievements in this space.
The theme of the conference this year was Engage. Envision. Empower. The event was attended by Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment. Among the key issues that came up for discussion was ways in which companies can enable people with disabilities to be part of the workplace in an efficient, productive manner.
Newz Hook is proud to be the media partner of this event and our reporter Oshin Dhawan caught up with Tarun Bansal, Advocacy and HR Head, Sarthak Educational Trust, on the sidelines of the event to discuss key takeaways.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News