Disabled Photographers’ Society helping photographers with disabilities
The Disabled Photographers’ Society was set up in 1968 in the United Kingdom.
The aim of the society is to help disabled people get involved in photography. Disabled Photographers’ Society is working towards making the hobby of photography accessible to people with disabilities.
DPS has modified cameras so they can be used by the disabled
DPS has developed methods for accessible photography such as modifications in a camera to make it easily usable for disabled people.
The society is managed and run by volunteers who are disabled photographers themselves.
They also provide all kind of photography related information that is needed by people with disabilities.
Be it technical support, advice and even equipment are loaned out to encourage the disabled to pursue photography.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News