Disabled Photographers’ Society helping photographers with disabilities
November 25, 2017
The Disabled Photographers' Society was set up in 1968 in the United Kingdom.
The aim of the society is to help disabled people get involved in photography. Disabled Photographers' Society is working towards making the hobby of photography accessible to people with disabilities.
DPS has modified cameras so they can be used by the disabled
DPS has developed methods for accessible photography such as modifications in a camera to make it easily usable for disabled people.
The society is managed and run by volunteers who are disabled photographers themselves.
They also provide all kind of photography related information that is needed by people with disabilities.
Be it technical support, advice and even equipment are loaned out to encourage the disabled to pursue photography.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News