Disabled Photographers’ Society helping photographers with disabilities
November 25, 2017
The Disabled Photographers' Society was set up in 1968 in the United Kingdom.
The aim of the society is to help disabled people get involved in photography. Disabled Photographers' Society is working towards making the hobby of photography accessible to people with disabilities.
DPS has modified cameras so they can be used by the disabled
DPS has developed methods for accessible photography such as modifications in a camera to make it easily usable for disabled people.
The society is managed and run by volunteers who are disabled photographers themselves.
They also provide all kind of photography related information that is needed by people with disabilities.
Be it technical support, advice and even equipment are loaned out to encourage the disabled to pursue photography.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News