Sarthak Educational Trust's Best Innovation award goes to digital Braille aid
November 16, 2017
The 4th National Conference on Disability organised by Sarthak Educational Trust in New Delhi saw a significant presence of government representatives, disabled rights groups, corporates and families. Workplace inclusion was the major focus at the event this year, with as many as 15 companies making their presence felt.
There was an interesting exchange of ideas on how to promote inclusion and accessibility at the workplace. Many company representatives present at the conference spoke about their own experiences in how they went about achieving an accessible workplace, and how they have benefited immensely from it.
There were many achievers present and there was lots to celebrate. Among the most looked forward to award at the event was the Best Innovation of the Year. The award for 2017 was given to the company Innovision for its product BrailleMe.
Innovision claims that BrailleMe is the first smart digital Braille aid at a 10 times price advantage. To find out what makes this product such a game changer, NewzHook's Oshin Dhawan spoke to Surabhi Srivastava, co-founder of Innovision.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News