Sarthak Educational Trust's Best Innovation award goes to digital Braille aid
The 4th National Conference on Disability organised by Sarthak Educational Trust in New Delhi saw a significant presence of government representatives, disabled rights groups, corporates and families. Workplace inclusion was the major focus at the event this year, with as many as 15 companies making their presence felt.
There was an interesting exchange of ideas on how to promote inclusion and accessibility at the workplace. Many company representatives present at the conference spoke about their own experiences in how they went about achieving an accessible workplace, and how they have benefited immensely from it.
There were many achievers present and there was lots to celebrate. Among the most looked forward to award at the event was the Best Innovation of the Year. The award for 2017 was given to the company Innovision for its product BrailleMe.
Innovision claims that BrailleMe is the first smart digital Braille aid at a 10 times price advantage. To find out what makes this product such a game changer, NewzHook's Oshin Dhawan spoke to Surabhi Srivastava, co-founder of Innovision.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019