Sarthak Educational Trust's Best Innovation award goes to digital Braille aid
November 16, 2017
The 4th National Conference on Disability organised by Sarthak Educational Trust in New Delhi saw a significant presence of government representatives, disabled rights groups, corporates and families. Workplace inclusion was the major focus at the event this year, with as many as 15 companies making their presence felt.
There was an interesting exchange of ideas on how to promote inclusion and accessibility at the workplace. Many company representatives present at the conference spoke about their own experiences in how they went about achieving an accessible workplace, and how they have benefited immensely from it.
There were many achievers present and there was lots to celebrate. Among the most looked forward to award at the event was the Best Innovation of the Year. The award for 2017 was given to the company Innovision for its product BrailleMe.
Innovision claims that BrailleMe is the first smart digital Braille aid at a 10 times price advantage. To find out what makes this product such a game changer, NewzHook's Oshin Dhawan spoke to Surabhi Srivastava, co-founder of Innovision.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News