10 Children Who Inspire - Newz Hook Special for Children's Day
Every child is unique and deserves to be celebrated, and come 14 November, schools across India will mark Children's Day. Here on Newz Hook, since 1 November, we have been running a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and to show how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
We began with S Akash from Coimbatore, whose sense of direction would give Google GPS a complex. Not to mention his outstanding skills at singing or playing the keyboard. There was Deep, who plays the drums, cricket, shows amazing linguistic skills - is an all rounder in more ways than Virat Kohli!
Don't let Deepika's quiet demeanor fool you. Her karate skills will, literally, floor you! Shehzeen is barely 18 years old, but has her future goal clearly set. She wants to teach deaf kids, from poor families. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana is already halfway there to her goal of teaching computer skills to disabled kids.
Afsara from Kolkata joined school late but has more than made up for it, both inside the classroom and in extra curricular activities. Remember the name Chitrabhanu. He is going to bring medals home for India in the future Paralympics.
Aamir is working hard towards an MBA in finance but takes time out on weekends to click pictures of nature. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons with the legendary Bombay Jayashri in Chennai. Hannah's inclinations lie in religious gospel music - you can listen to her on her YouTube channel.
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018