10 Children Who Inspire - Newz Hook Special for Children's Day
December 5, 2017
Every child is unique and deserves to be celebrated, and come 14 November, schools across India will mark Children's Day. Here on Newz Hook, since 1 November, we have been running a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and to show how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
We began with S Akash from Coimbatore, whose sense of direction would give Google GPS a complex. Not to mention his outstanding skills at singing or playing the keyboard. There was Deep, who plays the drums, cricket, shows amazing linguistic skills - is an all rounder in more ways than Virat Kohli!
Don't let Deepika's quiet demeanor fool you. Her karate skills will, literally, floor you! Shehzeen is barely 18 years old, but has her future goal clearly set. She wants to teach deaf kids, from poor families. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana is already halfway there to her goal of teaching computer skills to disabled kids.
Afsara from Kolkata joined school late but has more than made up for it, both inside the classroom and in extra curricular activities. Remember the name Chitrabhanu. He is going to bring medals home for India in the future Paralympics.
Aamir is working hard towards an MBA in finance but takes time out on weekends to click pictures of nature. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons with the legendary Bombay Jayashri in Chennai. Hannah's inclinations lie in religious gospel music - you can listen to her on her YouTube channel.
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News