10 Children Who Inspire - Newz Hook Special for Children's Day
Every child is unique and deserves to be celebrated, and come 14 November, schools across India will mark Children's Day. Here on Newz Hook, since 1 November, we have been running a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and to show how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
We began with S Akash from Coimbatore, whose sense of direction would give Google GPS a complex. Not to mention his outstanding skills at singing or playing the keyboard. There was Deep, who plays the drums, cricket, shows amazing linguistic skills - is an all rounder in more ways than Virat Kohli!
Don't let Deepika's quiet demeanor fool you. Her karate skills will, literally, floor you! Shehzeen is barely 18 years old, but has her future goal clearly set. She wants to teach deaf kids, from poor families. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana is already halfway there to her goal of teaching computer skills to disabled kids.
Afsara from Kolkata joined school late but has more than made up for it, both inside the classroom and in extra curricular activities. Remember the name Chitrabhanu. He is going to bring medals home for India in the future Paralympics.
Aamir is working hard towards an MBA in finance but takes time out on weekends to click pictures of nature. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons with the legendary Bombay Jayashri in Chennai. Hannah's inclinations lie in religious gospel music - you can listen to her on her YouTube channel.
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News