10 Children Who Inspire - Newz Hook Special for Children's Day
December 5, 2017
Every child is unique and deserves to be celebrated, and come 14 November, schools across India will mark Children's Day. Here on Newz Hook, since 1 November, we have been running a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and to show how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
We began with S Akash from Coimbatore, whose sense of direction would give Google GPS a complex. Not to mention his outstanding skills at singing or playing the keyboard. There was Deep, who plays the drums, cricket, shows amazing linguistic skills - is an all rounder in more ways than Virat Kohli!
Don't let Deepika's quiet demeanor fool you. Her karate skills will, literally, floor you! Shehzeen is barely 18 years old, but has her future goal clearly set. She wants to teach deaf kids, from poor families. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana is already halfway there to her goal of teaching computer skills to disabled kids.
Afsara from Kolkata joined school late but has more than made up for it, both inside the classroom and in extra curricular activities. Remember the name Chitrabhanu. He is going to bring medals home for India in the future Paralympics.
Aamir is working hard towards an MBA in finance but takes time out on weekends to click pictures of nature. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons with the legendary Bombay Jayashri in Chennai. Hannah's inclinations lie in religious gospel music - you can listen to her on her YouTube channel.
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News