Flight Lieutenant R K Herojit won medal as para swimmer
November 11, 2017
Flight Lieutenant R K Herojit has won another medal and this time as a para swimmer.
Lieutenant Herojit suffered a spinal cord injury during parachute landing. At the time he was training in Secunderabad on 22 August 2011.
He took part in the 17th National Para Swimming Championship on Tuesday at Udaipur and won a bronze medal. Herojit is currently posted at the Air Force Station, Pune.
He is posted on ground duty. He started practicing swimming at the Bombay Engineering Group and Centre six months ago.
17th National Para Swimming Championship was held in Udaipur by the Para Swimming Association, with the aid of Paralympic Committee of India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News