Flight Lieutenant R K Herojit won medal as para swimmer
November 11, 2017
Flight Lieutenant R K Herojit has won another medal and this time as a para swimmer.
Lieutenant Herojit suffered a spinal cord injury during parachute landing. At the time he was training in Secunderabad on 22 August 2011.
He took part in the 17th National Para Swimming Championship on Tuesday at Udaipur and won a bronze medal. Herojit is currently posted at the Air Force Station, Pune.
He is posted on ground duty. He started practicing swimming at the Bombay Engineering Group and Centre six months ago.
17th National Para Swimming Championship was held in Udaipur by the Para Swimming Association, with the aid of Paralympic Committee of India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News