Tamil Nadu government asked to include lessons on disability rights
November 11, 2017
The Chennai High Court has suggested the government of Tamil Nadu to include lessons on disabilities and rights of the disabled in the school syllabus from the next year.
The court gave the suggestion after hearing a petition from L Muruganandam of Tirupur district.
It also asked the government to make sure that the disabled children get equal access to education in both regular and special schools.
The court said that the government can also regularly organise programmes at schools, colleges and other professional institutes to spread awareness on disability and the rights.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News