Tamil Nadu government asked to include lessons on disability rights
The Chennai High Court has suggested the government of Tamil Nadu to include lessons on disabilities and rights of the disabled in the school syllabus from the next year.
The court gave the suggestion after hearing a petition from L Muruganandam of Tirupur district.
It also asked the government to make sure that the disabled children get equal access to education in both regular and special schools.
The court said that the government can also regularly organise programmes at schools, colleges and other professional institutes to spread awareness on disability and the rights.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019