Tamil Nadu government asked to include lessons on disability rights
November 11, 2017
The Chennai High Court has suggested the government of Tamil Nadu to include lessons on disabilities and rights of the disabled in the school syllabus from the next year.
The court gave the suggestion after hearing a petition from L Muruganandam of Tirupur district.
It also asked the government to make sure that the disabled children get equal access to education in both regular and special schools.
The court said that the government can also regularly organise programmes at schools, colleges and other professional institutes to spread awareness on disability and the rights.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News