Tamil Nadu government asked to include lessons on disability rights
The Chennai High Court has suggested the government of Tamil Nadu to include lessons on disabilities and rights of the disabled in the school syllabus from the next year.
The court gave the suggestion after hearing a petition from L Muruganandam of Tirupur district.
It also asked the government to make sure that the disabled children get equal access to education in both regular and special schools.
The court said that the government can also regularly organise programmes at schools, colleges and other professional institutes to spread awareness on disability and the rights.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018