Who will teach the disabled if not qualified special educators, asks Hyderabad High Court
November 20, 2017
The Hyderabad High Court has asked the Telangana government if it would allow candidates with Special B.Ed and D.Ed certificates to appear for the Teachers Recruitment Test (TRT) next year.
Petition alleges Telangana government is violating basic rights of disabled
The move came after a petition filed by D Bheema and 48 other candidates said that the Telangana government was violating the basic rights by ignoring those holding B.Ed degree and D.Ed diploma in Special Education for teaching jobs in government and local schools in the state.
Need to hire qualified candidates for disabled students
The court said that disabled children need more attention and asked the state government to encourage candidates qualified in special education to become teachers.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News