Who will teach the disabled if not qualified special educators, asks Hyderabad High Court
November 20, 2017
The Hyderabad High Court has asked the Telangana government if it would allow candidates with Special B.Ed and D.Ed certificates to appear for the Teachers Recruitment Test (TRT) next year.
Petition alleges Telangana government is violating basic rights of disabled
The move came after a petition filed by D Bheema and 48 other candidates said that the Telangana government was violating the basic rights by ignoring those holding B.Ed degree and D.Ed diploma in Special Education for teaching jobs in government and local schools in the state.
Need to hire qualified candidates for disabled students
The court said that disabled children need more attention and asked the state government to encourage candidates qualified in special education to become teachers.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News