Deaf movie review of Qarib Qarib Singlle
November 23, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Qarib Qarib Singlle is a Hindi comedy, romance, drama film starring Irrfan Khan and Parvathy in the main roles.
The movie is directed by Tanuja Chandra and produced by Zee Studios and Jar Pictures.
The film introduces Jaya (Parvathy) as a 35-year-old single woman who has forgotten to enjoy life after her husband's death.
Jaya has become a workaholic who finds time for helping everyone but herself. Her brother and close friends keep suggesting her to move on in life and find a life partner.
She eventually signs up an online dating website and comes across Yogi (Irrfan Khan), who is completely opposite to her.
During one of the conversations, Jaya challenges Yogi that his ex-girlfriends don't really remember him as Yogi claims to.
To prove Jaya wrong, Yogi asks her out on a short trip to Rishikesh, Bikaner and Gangtok to meet his three ex-girlfriends.
Jaya agrees to go with Yogi but the journey turns out to be full of missed trains and taxi rides, heartbreaks and patching up with old friends.
By the end of the journey and the film, Jaya and Yogi get to know each other better but do they fall in love is shown as an open-ended climax.
Qarib Qarib Singlle is a one time watch film for its funny situations, good cast and acting and graceful handling of human emotions.
I'm going with three out of five stars.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News