Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to provide tools to disabled children in Kerala
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) plans to give tools required by 212 disabled students who are not able to attend schools due to their disability in Kerala.
Under the scheme, these 212 disabled students are taught by 106 SSA teachers at their homes.
Tools or equipment needed by the disabled students will be provided with the help of sponsorship from 1 to 5 December this year.
The SSA also plans to start 101 regional talent centres for the overall development of children coming from poor families.
It aims to encourage talent of students in colonies, coastal areas, those from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, and minority communities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019