Chennai acting school makes cinema education accessible to the disabled
November 13, 2017
Cameraman Rama Rao from Chennai thought his career was finished when he lost a leg in an accident many years ago.
Later, film producer Madan Gabriel selected Rao as the director of photography for the feature film 'Maa'.
The cast and team of the film mainly included disabled people and the film entered the Limca Book of Records.
Gabriel has now started an acting studio 'Nadippukottagai' along with Tamil Nadu Differently Abled Federation.
The idea is to include the disabled people and teach them music, sound engineering, dubbing and other crafts related to cinema making.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News