Chennai acting school makes cinema education accessible to the disabled
Cameraman Rama Rao from Chennai thought his career was finished when he lost a leg in an accident many years ago.
Later, film producer Madan Gabriel selected Rao as the director of photography for the feature film 'Maa'.
The cast and team of the film mainly included disabled people and the film entered the Limca Book of Records.
Gabriel has now started an acting studio 'Nadippukottagai' along with Tamil Nadu Differently Abled Federation.
The idea is to include the disabled people and teach them music, sound engineering, dubbing and other crafts related to cinema making.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018