Chennai acting school makes cinema education accessible to the disabled
November 13, 2017
Cameraman Rama Rao from Chennai thought his career was finished when he lost a leg in an accident many years ago.
Later, film producer Madan Gabriel selected Rao as the director of photography for the feature film 'Maa'.
The cast and team of the film mainly included disabled people and the film entered the Limca Book of Records.
Gabriel has now started an acting studio 'Nadippukottagai' along with Tamil Nadu Differently Abled Federation.
The idea is to include the disabled people and teach them music, sound engineering, dubbing and other crafts related to cinema making.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Indian father pleads guilty in death of adoptive child with disability
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News