Chennai acting school makes cinema education accessible to the disabled
Cameraman Rama Rao from Chennai thought his career was finished when he lost a leg in an accident many years ago.
Later, film producer Madan Gabriel selected Rao as the director of photography for the feature film 'Maa'.
The cast and team of the film mainly included disabled people and the film entered the Limca Book of Records.
Gabriel has now started an acting studio 'Nadippukottagai' along with Tamil Nadu Differently Abled Federation.
The idea is to include the disabled people and teach them music, sound engineering, dubbing and other crafts related to cinema making.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News