Disabled woman got interview call only when she hid her disability
November 13, 2017
30 years old Shani Dhanda from Birmingham in England had applied for more than 100 jobs.
Many weeks went by but she didn't get an interview call from a single employer.
But when she hid her condition osteogenesis imperfecta on her cover letter, she was invited for an interview.
Not only that, she was even offered the part-time job in telesales.
Shani is not alone as thousands of disabled people experience getting ignored or rejected for a job due to disability.
It has become a need for businesses and employers to make sure that workplaces and HR policies are inclusive and are not just on paper.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News