Disabled woman got interview call only when she hid her disability
November 13, 2017
30 years old Shani Dhanda from Birmingham in England had applied for more than 100 jobs.
Many weeks went by but she didn't get an interview call from a single employer.
But when she hid her condition osteogenesis imperfecta on her cover letter, she was invited for an interview.
Not only that, she was even offered the part-time job in telesales.
Shani is not alone as thousands of disabled people experience getting ignored or rejected for a job due to disability.
It has become a need for businesses and employers to make sure that workplaces and HR policies are inclusive and are not just on paper.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News