Disabled woman got interview call only when she hid her disability
November 13, 2017
30 years old Shani Dhanda from Birmingham in England had applied for more than 100 jobs.
Many weeks went by but she didn't get an interview call from a single employer.
But when she hid her condition osteogenesis imperfecta on her cover letter, she was invited for an interview.
Not only that, she was even offered the part-time job in telesales.
Shani is not alone as thousands of disabled people experience getting ignored or rejected for a job due to disability.
It has become a need for businesses and employers to make sure that workplaces and HR policies are inclusive and are not just on paper.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News