Disabled woman got interview call only when she hid her disability
30 years old Shani Dhanda from Birmingham in England had applied for more than 100 jobs.
Many weeks went by but she didn't get an interview call from a single employer.
But when she hid her condition osteogenesis imperfecta on her cover letter, she was invited for an interview.
Not only that, she was even offered the part-time job in telesales.
Shani is not alone as thousands of disabled people experience getting ignored or rejected for a job due to disability.
It has become a need for businesses and employers to make sure that workplaces and HR policies are inclusive and are not just on paper.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News