Tamil Nadu para badminton champ who did not let disability limit him
26 years old Abbas Sugil from Tamil Nadu is the top para badminton player of India in the doubles category.
He ranks third in singles category and is now looking for help to get an artificial limb to improve his skills.
Sugil was born without a left arm but that did not stop him from taking up para badminton as his profession.
In 2011, Sugil won the first national championships he played in the doubles category.
So far, he has won 17 medals in national championships and 3 medals in international events.
Right now, Sugil is getting training and preparing to participate in Asian Para Badminton Championship in 2018.
If you wish to support his surgery, please click here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019