Tamil Nadu para badminton champ who did not let disability limit him
November 14, 2017
26 years old Abbas Sugil from Tamil Nadu is the top para badminton player of India in the doubles category.
He ranks third in singles category and is now looking for help to get an artificial limb to improve his skills.
Sugil was born without a left arm but that did not stop him from taking up para badminton as his profession.
In 2011, Sugil won the first national championships he played in the doubles category.
So far, he has won 17 medals in national championships and 3 medals in international events.
Right now, Sugil is getting training and preparing to participate in Asian Para Badminton Championship in 2018.
If you wish to support his surgery, please click here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Curfew in Srinagar, people told to stay home
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News