Tamil Nadu para badminton champ who did not let disability limit him
November 14, 2017
26 years old Abbas Sugil from Tamil Nadu is the top para badminton player of India in the doubles category.
He ranks third in singles category and is now looking for help to get an artificial limb to improve his skills.
Sugil was born without a left arm but that did not stop him from taking up para badminton as his profession.
In 2011, Sugil won the first national championships he played in the doubles category.
So far, he has won 17 medals in national championships and 3 medals in international events.
Right now, Sugil is getting training and preparing to participate in Asian Para Badminton Championship in 2018.
If you wish to support his surgery, please click here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on career growth & planning for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News