Tamil Nadu para badminton champ who did not let disability limit him
November 14, 2017
26 years old Abbas Sugil from Tamil Nadu is the top para badminton player of India in the doubles category.
He ranks third in singles category and is now looking for help to get an artificial limb to improve his skills.
Sugil was born without a left arm but that did not stop him from taking up para badminton as his profession.
In 2011, Sugil won the first national championships he played in the doubles category.
So far, he has won 17 medals in national championships and 3 medals in international events.
Right now, Sugil is getting training and preparing to participate in Asian Para Badminton Championship in 2018.
If you wish to support his surgery, please click here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News