Punjab university increases reservation for disabled to 5%
A committee of Punjab University has approved to increase the reservation of persons with disabilities from 3% to 5% from the 2018-19 year.
The 5% quota will be provided to students with physical disability, intellectual disability, mental behaviour, disability caused due to chronic neurological conditions and blood disorder, and multiple disability categories. 1% reservation will be given to each category.
Also, there is a relaxation of five marks for disabled candidates for calculation of merit.
If a person tries to avail any benefit meant for people with disabilities by providing false documents, he would face a punishment of two years or a fine of Rs 1 lakh or both.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Why financial planning is key when you have a child with a disability
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO leaves a good message to society
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018