Punjab university increases reservation for disabled to 5%
A committee of Punjab University has approved to increase the reservation of persons with disabilities from 3% to 5% from the 2018-19 year.
The 5% quota will be provided to students with physical disability, intellectual disability, mental behaviour, disability caused due to chronic neurological conditions and blood disorder, and multiple disability categories. 1% reservation will be given to each category.
Also, there is a relaxation of five marks for disabled candidates for calculation of merit.
If a person tries to avail any benefit meant for people with disabilities by providing false documents, he would face a punishment of two years or a fine of Rs 1 lakh or both.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News