Punjab university increases reservation for disabled to 5%
November 14, 2017
A committee of Punjab University has approved to increase the reservation of persons with disabilities from 3% to 5% from the 2018-19 year.
The 5% quota will be provided to students with physical disability, intellectual disability, mental behaviour, disability caused due to chronic neurological conditions and blood disorder, and multiple disability categories. 1% reservation will be given to each category.
Also, there is a relaxation of five marks for disabled candidates for calculation of merit.
If a person tries to avail any benefit meant for people with disabilities by providing false documents, he would face a punishment of two years or a fine of Rs 1 lakh or both.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News