Punjab university increases reservation for disabled to 5%
November 14, 2017
A committee of Punjab University has approved to increase the reservation of persons with disabilities from 3% to 5% from the 2018-19 year.
The 5% quota will be provided to students with physical disability, intellectual disability, mental behaviour, disability caused due to chronic neurological conditions and blood disorder, and multiple disability categories. 1% reservation will be given to each category.
Also, there is a relaxation of five marks for disabled candidates for calculation of merit.
If a person tries to avail any benefit meant for people with disabilities by providing false documents, he would face a punishment of two years or a fine of Rs 1 lakh or both.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News