Hyderabad starts tactile pavements for the blind on city roads
The municipal officials of Hyderabad are busy making changes in the city in every possible way before the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 (GES) that will be held by the end of this month.
Tactile walking surface along some roads are being used to help visually impaired walkers.
Till now, tactile pavements have been used only in bus stops, railway stations and airports in the city.
For the first time, it is being done on city roads and built on both sides.
The surface has block tiles and bars in the middle and on the side to make it easy for the blind to identify them with the help of their walking stick or feet.
It will also help sighted people to walk easily without problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News