Hyderabad starts tactile pavements for the blind on city roads
November 15, 2017
The municipal officials of Hyderabad are busy making changes in the city in every possible way before the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 (GES) that will be held by the end of this month.
Tactile walking surface along some roads are being used to help visually impaired walkers.
Till now, tactile pavements have been used only in bus stops, railway stations and airports in the city.
For the first time, it is being done on city roads and built on both sides.
The surface has block tiles and bars in the middle and on the side to make it easy for the blind to identify them with the help of their walking stick or feet.
It will also help sighted people to walk easily without problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News