Hyderabad starts tactile pavements for the blind on city roads
The municipal officials of Hyderabad are busy making changes in the city in every possible way before the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 (GES) that will be held by the end of this month.
Tactile walking surface along some roads are being used to help visually impaired walkers.
Till now, tactile pavements have been used only in bus stops, railway stations and airports in the city.
For the first time, it is being done on city roads and built on both sides.
The surface has block tiles and bars in the middle and on the side to make it easy for the blind to identify them with the help of their walking stick or feet.
It will also help sighted people to walk easily without problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018