Goa all set to bring RPWD 2016 in force
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 has been executed in Goa.
The government has announced that the state will now follow the guidelines provided under the act and is in the process of framing the rules.
New Act expands the list of disabilities
The RPWD 2016 replaces the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995. Under the latest act, more disabilities have been included to cover a wide range of disabilities.
The new list includes three blood disorders, thalassemia, hemophilia and sickle cell disease. Victims of acid attacks are also covered by the act.
RPWD has also increased the reservation for people with disabilities in government jobs 3% to 4% in each group of posts.
Higher education institutions that get aid from the government will increase reservation for disabled from 3 to 5%.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News