Goa all set to bring RPWD 2016 in force
November 21, 2017
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 has been executed in Goa.
The government has announced that the state will now follow the guidelines provided under the act and is in the process of framing the rules.
New Act expands the list of disabilities
The RPWD 2016 replaces the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995. Under the latest act, more disabilities have been included to cover a wide range of disabilities.
The new list includes three blood disorders, thalassemia, hemophilia and sickle cell disease. Victims of acid attacks are also covered by the act.
RPWD has also increased the reservation for people with disabilities in government jobs 3% to 4% in each group of posts.
Higher education institutions that get aid from the government will increase reservation for disabled from 3 to 5%.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News