Goa all set to bring RPWD 2016 in force
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 has been executed in Goa.
The government has announced that the state will now follow the guidelines provided under the act and is in the process of framing the rules.
New Act expands the list of disabilities
The RPWD 2016 replaces the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995. Under the latest act, more disabilities have been included to cover a wide range of disabilities.
The new list includes three blood disorders, thalassemia, hemophilia and sickle cell disease. Victims of acid attacks are also covered by the act.
RPWD has also increased the reservation for people with disabilities in government jobs 3% to 4% in each group of posts.
Higher education institutions that get aid from the government will increase reservation for disabled from 3 to 5%.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News