Rajasthan to provide home delivery of UDID cards to disabled people
The Rajasthan government has announced that new certificate and Unique Disability Identity Card - UDID card will now be home delivered to people with disabilities in the state.
This comes as huge relief to the community as they will not have to go out to get the UDIDs.
The decision is expected to benefit around 2 lakh people with disabilities who already have certificates of disability.
To ensure that the disabled know about the facility, the Social Justice and Empowerment department officials have been calling or sending message on their mobiles.
They are being told that they need not come to the respective assembly constituency camps to get the certificates and IDs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
October 19, 2018
- Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
October 16, 2018
- Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
October 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News