Rajasthan to provide home delivery of UDID cards to disabled people
November 21, 2017
The Rajasthan government has announced that new certificate and Unique Disability Identity Card - UDID card will now be home delivered to people with disabilities in the state.
This comes as huge relief to the community as they will not have to go out to get the UDIDs.
The decision is expected to benefit around 2 lakh people with disabilities who already have certificates of disability.
To ensure that the disabled know about the facility, the Social Justice and Empowerment department officials have been calling or sending message on their mobiles.
They are being told that they need not come to the respective assembly constituency camps to get the certificates and IDs.
Watch in Sign Language
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
- Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News