Rajasthan to provide home delivery of UDID cards to disabled people
November 21, 2017
The Rajasthan government has announced that new certificate and Unique Disability Identity Card - UDID card will now be home delivered to people with disabilities in the state.
This comes as huge relief to the community as they will not have to go out to get the UDIDs.
The decision is expected to benefit around 2 lakh people with disabilities who already have certificates of disability.
To ensure that the disabled know about the facility, the Social Justice and Empowerment department officials have been calling or sending message on their mobiles.
They are being told that they need not come to the respective assembly constituency camps to get the certificates and IDs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News